Wednesday 6 April 2011

The Diary of Adam and Eve

'This new creature with the long hair is a good deal in the way. It is always hanging around and following me about. I don't like this; I am not used to company.'
ADAM

'All week I tagged around after him and tried to get acquainted. I had to do the talking, because he was shy, but I didn't mind it. He seemed pleased to have me around.'
EVE

"Yes, I think I love him merely because he is mine and is masculine. There is no other reason, I suppose. And so I think it is as I first said: that this kind of love is not a product of reasoning and statistics. It just comes- none knows whence- and cannot explain itself. And doesn't need to.
It is what I think. But I am only a girl, and the first that examined this matter, and it may turn out that in my ignorance and inexperience I have not got it right."

No comments: